This RACE-approved online course offers a total of 32 C.E. credit hours, and examines veterinary acupuncture from a scientific, evidence-based perspective.
The course addresses the following topics:
- The scientific basis of acupuncture and the current literature on this topic
- How to apply acupuncture in general practice for neurological, gastrointestinal, renal and respiratory disorders in small animals and for lameness, laminitis, and navicular diseases in horses
- The principles of acupuncture in pain management and the clinical application of trigger points
- How to integrate acupuncture in a conventional practice through a simple set of cookbook rules
- The indications and contraindications of acupuncture
The course consists of 32 hours of online video lectures and a final quiz (post-test). The video lectures include video recordings of the instructor along with his or her lecture slides and hand-written lecture notes. Participants will be provided an electronic copy of lecture notes and course proceedings.
At the end of the course, participants must complete a 127-question multiple choice quiz. As per RACE standards, participants must pass the quiz with a score of 70% or higher to receive their certificate of attendance. Attendance will be measured by the time spent watching lectures online, which is recorded in our distance learning platform.