19th Annual Conference Overview
The 19th Annual International TCVM Conference will be held Toronto, Canada from August 18 to 20, 2017. This will be the first ever Annual Conference to take place in Canada. The main theme of this conference will be TCVM for geriatric, pediatric, rehabilitation, and terminal life care. This International TCVM Conference is co-sponsored by the World Association of TCVM and Chi Institute. The Annual TCVM Conference has been conducted every year since 1999. It provides a great opportunity for veterinarians to learn from the top TCVM experts, meet TCVM practitioners from all over the world, and enjoy hands-on experience with Chinese medicine. Additionally, TCVM practitioners and research scientists from around the world are invited to speak about their clinical experiences and research findings. You won't want to miss out on this educational experience.
Main Theme of 2017 Conference:
- TCVM for End-of-life Care: TCVM for Hospice and Palliative Care, tips to communicate with caregivers, how to support caregivers and veterinarians, how to relieve distress.
- TCVM for geriatric conditions: Including cognitive dysfunction, cancer, osteoarthritis, renal failure, heart failure, liver failure, Wei syndrome (rear weakness)
- TCVM for pediatric conditions: Including Orthopedic, Neurological, Gastrointestinal Immunological diseases, special food therapy and Tui-na for Pediatric Disharmonies
- Rehabilitation to enhance acupuncture results
Main Speakers: Drs. Huisheng Xie, Bruce Ferguson, Ronald Koh and Tami Shearer
Conference Dates and Location:
August 18-20, 2017 Hosted in Toronto, Canada
Conference will take place at the Westin Prince Toronto
Address: 900 York Mills Road Toronto, ON M3B 3H2 Canada
Phone: 1 416.444.2511
Group Rate:$139.00 CAD/night
For phone-in reservations, please note that reservations must be made by July 17, 2017. Reservations may be made by calling 416-444-2511 or through 1-888-627-8550. Guests should refer to the “Chi Institute” to receive the group rate.
To make a reservation online please visit: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1611223752&key=37141C8F
Conference registration fee*:
- Early Bird Registration (register by June 1, 2017): $795
- Advanced Registration (register by July 18, 2017) $895
- Regular Registration (register after July 18,2017): $975
- Reception Banquet (to take place the evening of August 19th): $70
Registration fee is due upon registration and covers: Breakfast and lunch during conference, conference proceedings and handout, parking and WiFi access.
Conference registration cancellation policy:
Date of cancellation request Applicable fees:
Before June 1, 2017 $50 cancellation fee charged
June 1 - July 18, 2017 $250 cancellation fee charged
July 19 - August 3, 2017 $500 cancellation fee charged
After August 4, 2017 100% paid fee (No refund)