The following policies apply to all on-site and on-line classes offered by the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (CHI).
Students can enroll for on-site and on-line classes by contacting CHI as follows:
- Fax registration form to: +1-800-860-1543
B. Confirmation of enrollment
For CHI on-site and on-line class registrations each student or student representative will receive a confirmation of enrollment via e-mail. If you do not receive your confirmation, please contact CHI at +1-800-860-1543.
C. Payment options
CHI offers several payment options. The payment method must be established at the time of registration for the class. Students may pay for the class fees via Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express), or via Bank check, money order, or wire transfer. (Wire transfer instructions will be provided upon request.)
D. On-line Class access
Access to on-line classes is only available via an Internet connection. On-line class participants must have an appropriate user ID and password provided by CHI to gain access. If the Student experiences difficulty in accessing the On-line Product, all support services are provided as stated in the access notification documentation.
Important Dates to Remember:
- 01/31/2019: $950 deposit per person due for early registration rate.
- 02/28/2019: Last day for early registration rate (conference registration fee goes up by $100 based on early registration rate for registration received after 2/28/2019)
- 03/31/2019: Whole Payment due. (conference registration fee goes up by $200 based on early registration rate for registration with payment received after 3/31/2019)
- After 08/12/2019: NO REFUND.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Cancellations may be made by phone but a cancellation letter must be submitted to Chi Institute in writing via Fax, mail or email and signed by the doctor who is canceling before the refund is issued. Regardless of reason, cancellations result in a costly process due to nature of airfare and accommodation contracts. To offset these costs, the following fees apply. In fairness to others, we cannot make exceptions.
- Cancellation requested before 05/15/2019 = 100% refund.*
- Cancellation requested during 05/15/2019 - 05/31/2019 = 100% - $300 (cancellation fee) per person refund.*
- Cancellation requested during 06/01/2019 - 06/15/2019 = 100% - $750 (cancellation fee) per person refund.*
- Cancellation requested during 06/16/2019 - 07/15/2019 = 50% refund.*
- Cancellation requested during 07/16/2019 - 08/15/2019 = 25% refund.*
- No refund 14 days or less before the conference starts.
* For all refunds of payment by credit card, 4% of the refundable amount will be charged.
Cancellation of a tour by Chi Institute:
Chi Institute reserves the right to cancel the tour for any reason, but will not cancel a tour less than 90 days before departure except for unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the company's control.
A. Non-smoking facilities
The Chi Institute is dedicated to providing a clean and comfortable environment for all, as such, smoking is NOT permitted in any areas of the Chi Institute.
B. Classroom and Wet Lab dress code
The dress code in all CHI classroom facilities is casual. Please be aware that all indoor facilities are air-conditioned and a light jacket or sweater may be preferred. All students participating equine or large animal wet labs are required to wear boots or horse working shoes for safety.
C. Recording policy
CHI strictly prohibits the recording and rebroadcast of audio or video of our classes and educational events. This applies to on-line and on-site events.
D. Participant Exclusion
CHI reserves the right to exclude a participant from attending any Course due to disorderly conduct, failure to observe any of CHI's rules of participation, or failure to attend the prerequisite class(es) for a particular Course. Chi reserves the right to deny the participant a refund under these, or other, circumstances.
E. Intellectual property
All CHI class materials, including class handouts, training manuals, exams, homework and on-line lecture or lab video, etc.,are confidential and proprietary information of CHI and copyrighted by CHI. The student agrees not to disclose any of this information to any third party or use such information except as expressly permitted herein.The student acknowledges that it is illegal and a violation of this agreement to copy or distribute any CHI class materials among non-registered persons without written authorization from CHI. The student acknowledges that CHI shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief and damages for any breach of this agreement by Student from which irreparable harm would ensue.
F. Data protection, privacy
CHI uses secure technologies to protect Students' personal data. The Student agrees to the collection, processing, and use of his or her personal data to the extent necessary for processing the registration. CHI may use Students' postal and e-mail addresses for promotions (for example, invitations to classes, class news, and registration in CHI's student database). However, CHI uses opt-in procedures for its promotions where the receiver expressly agrees in advance to receive information. In any case, CHI allows the recipient to opt out of a mailing list at any time.
CHI reserves the right to cancel, and/or reschedule any published scheduled class. The student's sole remedy shall be the refund of prepaid course fees. CHI is not responsible for airfare, lodging, or other related expenses including any airline penalties incurred. Under no circumstances shall CHI be liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential, or special damages. CHI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE TRAINING MATERIALS, NOR SHALL CHI BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE TRAINING MATERIALS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONVEYEDIN A CHI COURSE.
H. Student Agreements
1. As a condition to enrollment and participation in any class or course offering, all students waive all liability of CHI and its agents and representatives (the "Released parties") and agree to hold the Released parties harmless, indemnify them, discharge them, covenant not to sue them, and reimburse them for any liability, claims, sums, costs, or other expenses incurred by any student that may be caused in whole or in part by participating in any class or course offered by CHI.
2. Each student understands that a photographer may be present to photograph the activities at any course or class offered by CHI and that each student may be photographed while participating in the class or course.