18th Annual Conference Overview
The 18th Annual TCVM Conference in 2016 will be held in China. This location will provide a unique and special opportunity to not only study TCVM but to also become immersed in Chinese culture. The Annual TCVM Conference has been conducted every year since 1999. It provides a great opportunity for veterinarians to learn from the top TCVM experts, meet TCVM practitioners from all over the world, and enjoy hands-on experience with Chinese culture and medicine. Additionally, TCVM practitioners and research scientists from around the world are invited to speak about their clinical experiences and research findings. You won't want to miss out on this educational and cultural experience in China.
This conference is hosted by: Chi Institute, Beijing Small Animal Veterinary Association, World Association of TCVM, China National Society of TCVM
Main Theme of 2016 Conference:
- Behavioral Problems, Aggression/Shen Disturbance
- Heart Murmur, Heart-renal Disease
- Lameness, Laminitis, Enthesitis, Distemper, Colitis, Cystitis, Hyperadrenocorticism
- Nine TCM Schools in Veterinary Practice
- Cancer, Food Therapy, Tongue Diagnosis
Main Speakers: Drs. Huisheng Xie, Ron Koh, Bruce Ferguson, Hanwen Cheng and Greg Todd
August 28-30, 2016 Hosted in Beijing, China
$1,550* (active WATCVM/AATCVM members receive $67.50 discount)
Conference fee covers the double occupancy 4-star hotel room (check in on August 27th and check out on August 31st) and all meals during the conference.
Family members and friends of conference veterinarian attendees are welcome to register for the conference. A local tour will be arranged for the family members and friends during the conference.
Below is the tentative tour itinerary.
Pre-conference Tour A: Camping in the Inner Mongolia grasslands and riding horses with Dr. Xie. This tour is now full and accepting Wait List sign ups only.
Dates: August 19-23, 2016
Location: Hulun Buir Grassland, Inner Mongolia
Tour A Fee: $1,550
Participants must have experience with horses and must be willing to share a tent
Tour A Includes:
- Horseback riding in the Grassland
- Mongolian Herder Life experience: Raising horses, sheep, goats and cows
- Evening bonfire and dance party with Mongolian people
- One night in a round Mongolian tent
- Hospital tour for Traditional Mongolian Medicine
Those registering for Tour A are required to register for Tour B as well.
Pre-conference Tour B: Beijing Sight-seeing
Dates: August 23-27, 2016
Location: Beijing and Gubei Water Town
Tour B Fee: $1,350
Tour B Includes:
Tour and Conference Fees Cover:
- Transportation in China
- Lodging (4- or 5-star hotels)
- 3 Meals per Day
- Tours and Activities
- Conference Proceedings
- Airport Pickup
- All Related Taxes and Tips