The Certified TCVM Palliative and End-of-Life Practitioner (CTPEP) Course introduces palliative and end-of-life care as a recognized field of veterinary medicine. The integration of palliative and end-of-life care with TCVM will give the veterinary professional more options to treat the clinical signs of disease and preserve a longer and better quality of life in pets struggling with aging, chronic and life limiting illnesses.
Upon completion of the class, students will be able to:
- Define and describe the philosophy of palliative and end-of-life care and how to utilize the philosophy to make sure no part of caring for pets with chronic or life-limiting illness is overlooked.
- Define and describe how to assess emotional and spiritual Qi of animals.
- Evaluate the benefits and criteria of TCVM including acupuncture, herbal medicine and Tui-na, for patients to enter into a palliative of end-of-life care course.
- Utilize and describe the nursing care methods and life-saving techniques to relieve suffering and distress in palliative care patients and provide relief for dying patients.
- Utilize and describe the special methods to help clinicians spiritually and mentally improve the comfort of both doctors, their patients and caregivers.